Guest post by Tammi Jenkins
Being in college, it is hard to get up in the mornings. I remember the nights that I would stay up well beyong midnight, and I would have an 8’o clock class in the morning. Those days would consist of me stumbling to get up in the morning. I would hardly remember even making it to class, and paying attention. Now that I am almost done with class, I have some tips for the guys and girls that struggle to wake up in the mornings.
1. Eat breakfast! Even if you are trying to lose weight or you are in a hurry, always remember to eat something in the morning. You will feel worn out if you don’t eat breakfast. Carry something in your backpack to munch on!
2. Don’t get caffeine. Although many college students swear by caffeine?you shouldn’t. Caffeine will help you stay up for a little bit, but afterwards, you will feel sluggish and tired.
3. Exercise. Make sure that you try to exercise in the mornings. This will help get you up and moving. It will also help you stay energized.
4. Deep breaths. When you first get up, take deep breaths. This will relax your mind and will help you get ready for the long day.
5. Calm yourself. Make sure that wherever you are, keep yourself calm. Make sure that your room is clean. If it is dirty, your might feel cluttered.
6. Make sure that your bedroom has a calming effect. Make sure that your room is always clean. It might be hard to keep your room clean, but it will help you feel better in the morning if you do.
7. Keep your alarm clock far away from your bed. Make sure that you keep your alarm clock far away from your bed. If your alarm clock is far away, you will have to get out of bed to turn if off. This will help you get up.
8. Make sure you stretch. Make sure that you stretch when you get up. This will help you get up.
If you do these things, you will get up feeling happier. These changes aren’t too drastic, but you will end up feeling better and you will actually want to get up in the morning! College life can be hard, but even if you are staying up late, following these tips will help you feel bright-eyed and bushy-tailed in the morning.
Tammi Jenkins is a writer for MyCollegesandCareers.com. My Colleges and Careers is a tool that you should use if you want to find the best online colleges.