Everyone loves a superhero, without them we would all be lost.
After all who would save all those damsels from falling off of tall buildings, fight villains who hold the world to ransom, and redirect the course of rivers to avoid natural disaster? In fact they have become such an institution that whether you are talking about films, cartoons, comics, posters, figurines, toys or playing cards, there isn’t much that doesn’t feature these heroes and heroines. It is almost impossible to pick a favorite and all of us have our own preferences but here is our list of our top ten superheroes.
- ‘The Flash’ is the fastest superhero around; his super speed and catlike reflexes allow him to violate the laws of physics with ease. His iconic red costume with thunderbolt symbol on chest makes him instantly identifiable.
- ‘The Green Lantern’ is unique because there were several people who wore the “power ring”, which gives the Green Lantern control over the physical world. It was the guardians of the universe who chose candidates to wear the ring live some form of intergalactic democracy and those elected made up the Green lantern Corps.
- ‘Wonder Woman’s’ 70’s style hot pants, invisible jet, ability to communicate with animals, resist magic and regenerate when injured make her one of the coolest and most hard-ass girls in the DC universe. In fact there isn’t much she can’t do.
- ‘Wolverine’ – like the animal – is famous for his incredible fury and intimidation as well as the ability to project razor sharp claws out from his knuckles, regenerate when injured, and his super strength and stamina. Certainly not someone you want to get on the wrong side of.
- ‘The Incredible Hulk’, his uncontrollable rage was both his strength and main weakness but when harnessed correctly he was one hell of a guy to have fighting your corner. Just don’t make him angry, you wouldn’t like him when he’s angry.
- ‘The Thing’, another big guy with super strength but at least this man-boulder can keep his cool better than his green colleague, without him ‘the fantastic four’ would merely be ‘the better than average three’.
- ‘Daredevil’, don’t be fooled by his lack of sight or his day job as an attorney, this crime fighting vigilante has made up for his blindness by supercharging his 4 other senses. Like a bat with sonar her can hunt his enemies in the dark.
- ‘Batman‘, this well-to-do socialite may not have any superpowers but he makes up for it with his endless array of gadgets and ruthlessness when fighting crime. For prompt service be sure to light the beacon on top of police HQ.
- ‘Spiderman’, the book worm with ninja-like reflexes and the ability to shoot webs from his hands, he is always there in time. So if you’re falling to your death, never fear – everybody gets one. Does that mean he charges for any further services? The Amazing Spider-Man
- ‘Superman‘, arguably the greatest of all superheroes he has it all; super strength, speed, ability to fly, crush coal into diamonds, shoot lasers from his eyes and turn back time. This all round good guy is only vulnerable to Kryptonite which let’s be honest is pretty hard to come by on earth and has one of the best costumes in the business.
Featured images: License: Image author owned
I am an enthusiastic blogger and lover of all things Superhero. For related articles follow me on twitter.